Friday, April 6, 2012

All consuming mounds of papers

I thought when this project began that I would have more time to reflect and write (obvious by my creation of a blog). As it turns out, I am just being consumed by papers. 

There is the ADCA (contains all the legislation), the Book of Discipline, Robert Rules book, the rules for General Conference just to get us started. Then there all the mailings: the magazines, the hand written letters, materials for agencies, materials from caucuses, materials from annual conferences. Finally there are all the emails: emails from my committee, from individuals, from my delegation.
 (Oh and on top of this is my home work for my graduate degree)

As you can see I spend most of my time reading all these materials, and it has left me little time to record my own reflections.  Perhaps the real truth is that I have little time consider what my reflections are.

As the General Conference is about 19 days away, I know that soon will be the moment to pack in all the studying. To just stop reading, and start reflecting. A time to begin forming what I want to say.

Also a time to begin packing, because I always find packing for two weeks to take more effort than my regular weekend trips.

Even though my room is a covered in papers and the time is getting shorter, I hope that soon I will arrive at that moment of peace. Where I know I have done all I could prepare, and it is time to just dive in. Like the moment just before a major test, when you must be satisfied with the work you have put in to get you through. 

I pray that I will be as ready as I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment